Effective Date: August 23, 2020
We collect and use personal information from and about you
We (and the vendors we hire to perform business functions on our behalf) may collect, receive, and develop several categories of personal information:
- We collect Contact Information: We may collect your name, email address, company information, and mailing address.
- We collect Payment information. We collect payment information, including credit card or banking information, when you make a donation through our Services.
- We collect User Content: We collect content provided by you, including any personal information that you add make available, upload, submit, or transmit to the Services including any comments you submit.
- We collect Internet and Network Activity Information: We collect information about your use of the Services, such as frequency of use, engagement with particular features, and which sections of the Services are visited most. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your IP address. We might also collect device identifiers.
- We may collect and develop Inferences: Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we may draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
- We collect information when you communicate with us. We collect information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise communicate with us.
We use personal information as described here
We use these categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- We use your information to send you newsletters and for other marketing purposes.We use the information you provide when you sign-up to receive information from us to send you our newsletters, as well as other information about MMSF and its partners.
- We use information to process your requests. For example, we use your Payment Information to process any donations you make through our Services.
- We use information to improve our Services. For example, we may use the feedback you provide about our Services, as well as Internet and Network Activity, and Inferences to make our Services better.
- We use information to administer our Services and for internal operations.We use all categories of personal information for our internal operations, such as troubleshooting, insurance claims, data analysis, and testing.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use Internet and Network Activity or other categories of personal information as necessary to protect our company, our customers, and our business partners. We also may use this personal information to protect our Services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyber attacks or fraudulent activities).
- We use information as other disclosed or permitted by law, or as we may notify you.
We collect personal information about you from various sources
We collect personal information about you from various sources, directly and indirectly. We collect these categories of personal information from the following categories of sources:
- We collect personal information directly from you.We collect Contact Information if you sign up for an account, contact us, or sign up for our newsletter. We also collect any personal information you provide if you post a comment, make a request, or complete a survey.
- We collect personal information from your devices.We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to automatically collect information about you (including Internet and Network Activity). We collect this information when you interact with our websites, our ads, and our emails that we or our vendors send to you. We may have third parties collect personal information on our behalf in this way, too.
- We get personal information from vendors we hire to work on our behalf. Vendors that host or maintain our websites and send promotional emails for us may give us Contact Information and Internet and Network Activity Information. Our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and analytics providers may provide us with Contact Information, and Internet and Network Activity Information.
- We get information about you from other sources.Other parties may give us personal information about you. For example, we may receive your information from a social network if you choose to connect to a platform from our website.
We share certain personal information
We share these categories of personal information under the following circumstances:
- We share your personal information with vendors who perform services on our behalf. We may share each category of personal information with vendors who send emails for us, help us manage and operate our sites, process donation payments, fulfill purchases, provide advertising or marketing services, provide analytics and search engine support, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial statements, and provide legal advice.
- We may share your personal information with our business partners and marketing companies. We might share Contact Information with our business partners. We may also share the above categories of personal information with companies that help us with our marketing efforts, including social media platforms.
- We may share your information if we think we have to fulfil our legal obligations, in order comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers and others. We may share any or all categories of personal information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may also share this personal information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. This includes sharing your information with the US government, including for our tax and reporting obligations. We might share your personal information in order to enforce our agreements and to protect the rights of others. We might share your personal information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may share your personal information with a successor to all or part of our business.If part of our business is sold, we may include user information as part of that transaction, which may include some or all categories of your personal information. We may also share your personal information if there is a change to our corporate structure. We may also share your information with others as they conduct diligence of our corporate changes.
- We may share personal information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time as permitted by law.
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our newsletter or other promotional emails, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools. We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see and overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site.
Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser. If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set.
Our site is not intended for children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you think your child under 13 has given us information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We are a U.S. Company
We are based in the United States and process the personal information we receive in the United States. Please note that the data protection laws in the United States may be different than the laws in your region.
We may link to third party sites or services we do not control
We may update this Policy
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates. Your continued use of our website, product, or application means that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the updated Policy.